FB G - Sportwissenschaft
Integrative Theory and
D - 42119 Wuppertal
Denise Albert - Room I.14.70
Ute Derks - Room I.14.18
Michael Fahlenbock - Room I.14.40
Dr. Rüdiger Hofmann - Room I.14.40
Torsten Kleine - Room I.14.58
Dr. Peter Wastl - Room I.14.16
Sorry, there are no translated news-articles at this time.
Integrative Theory and Sport’s Practice
The working group “Integrative Theory and Sport’s Practice” (ITPS) connects current research including sports scientific theories with theory-based practice. In this respect, the working group is committed to a career-oriented education of our students.
The practice-oriented part, on the one hand, sees itself as a teaching, research, and advanced training opportunity in school-based, sports-political, and professional fields. On the other hand, it is to be understood as a field of immediate athletic action as part of academic university education.
The members of the working group reflect a theory-practice integration of sports science. They teach the numerous fields that are part of sports science. Moreover, they do research on their own, as well as in collaboration with other fields. In addition, various counselling services of external, regional and trans-regional institutions are provided. This includes manifold relations to schools. At the university level, we work on various administration-related tasks of the sports department, as well as on designing further university committees.
The working group “Integrative Theory and Practice of Sports“ consists of six co-workers with the following main areas of focus. More information about each staff member can be found on their respective web pages.
- Teaching: gymnastics/dance, movement and dance theater
- Administration: coordination of athletic examinations
- Teaching: apparatus gymnastics, swimming, trampolining, acrobatics/movement arts
- Research: Projectà "Enhancing Safety in PE and School Sports"
- Administration: coordination of the athletic aptitude test
- Teaching: track and field, volleyball, winter sports, water sports, pedagogics and didactics of sports
- Research: collegiate sports, physical education (PE) in schools
- Administration: head of the Master of Education program for occupational schools (Berufskolleg), transfer of student credits, representative of collegiate sports
- Teaching: didactics of sports games, rock climbing, winter sports, outdoor sports, quantitative research
- Research: „Enhancing Safety in PE and School Sports“, research in teaching physical education (PE)
- Administration: IT services
- Teaching: handball, racquet games, sports didactics, sports sociology
- Research: sports-focused research on youth development, research in school sports, sports and space
- Administration: Educational Dean of Faculty G, coordinator of the combinatory bachelor’s program of the Sports Science department
- Teaching: track and field, winter sports, kinesiology and exercise studies, fitness and health, experiential education
- Research: development of teaching material, sports development in track and field
- Administration: coordination of courses, administration of homepage
Our web-service aims to provide an overview of the efforts of our working groups. We hope to succeed in doing so, thus we are looking forward to your feedback so that we can continually expand and improve our work.
Should you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Peter Wastl.
Working group “Theory and Practice of Sports“ of the Sports Science field of the University of Wuppertal.